Confident Dental & Implant Clinic Stroud – Resuming all dental treatment from 8th June 2020.
The world and our local community has been through a lot over the last few months and we have missed seeing you in person.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We have been providing telephone and video consultations over the past 10 weeks and delivering medications and oral hygiene products to your homes but we realise that not all dental emergencies can be managed with antibiotics and pain killers. Some of you have not been able to access the NHS urgent care centres or they have been unable to treat your emergency.
Following the announcement by the government on Thursday 28th May, fortunately at Confident, we had already pre-empted this and so we have been able to source appropriate enhanced equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) to be ready to resume treatment for you at the earliest opportunity so on that basis, we are now excited to announce that we are allowed to recommence all dental treatment from Monday 8th June.
As you are aware, our clinic was always an exceptionally clean and safe environment. During the “lockdown” we have made additional upgrades for our patients and staff to feel safer than ever. You will therefore see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect both our patients and team.
Since the “lockdown” commenced, we had to reschedule appointments. We have kept detailed records of those of you that contacted us regarding problems during the “lockdown” and we will be contacting you to reinstate and/or arrange your appointments, based on priority so that we can help you safely as soon as possible.
We will be allowing suitable gaps between appointments for enhanced cleaning protocols and creating clinics specifically for those patients that are identified as being vulnerable, to help minimise contact with others for these people while they are at the practice.
Before attending the practice:
• You will only be seen if you have updated your medical history 2 days before
• We will carry out a pre-attendance assessment on the phone
• We would recommend that patients in high-risk and extremely high-risk groups delay non-essential dental treatment for as long as possible until the trend of the pandemic becomes clear. To find out whether you are in a higher or very high-risk group please see the link.
• When travelling to the practice, we would recommend that you limit your close contact with other members of the public as far as possible. If you are able to drive or be driven and picked up by somebody with whom you live, this would be ideal. Alternatively, walk or cycle to Confident Dental & Implant Clinic.
• Please attend alone if possible (unless a child or vulnerable adult).
• Try not to bring any unnecessary bags or belongings with you. Any bags/phones will be put into a closed box in the surgery.
• Please attend punctually at the time of your appointment and avoid waiting in the practice unnecessarily. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
• If possible, visit the bathroom BEFORE coming to Confident Dental & Implant Clinic, you will have access to the usual toilet facilities but with enhanced cleaning protocols, it would really help us if you only used the hand basin.
• We will attempt to complete treatments in as few appointments as possible to minimise your number of visits and to reduce your travel (we have a range of technology to help you in this regard e.g. Cerec same day crowns, sedation to enable your comfort through longer but fewer treatment sessions).
Arriving at the practice:
• Please telephone us on 01453764 287 on arrival, we will then meet and greet you and let you in at the door.
- Your temperature will be taken (contactless). Should this be above the normal range, then we will ask to re-schedule your appointment.
• We will ask you to hand sanitise, pre-rinse with an anti-COVID disinfecting oral rinse for 30 secs and will give you your own face mask to wear on attendance to protect you and us.
• Our team will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE). Rest assured, behind the mask, eyewear, face-shield and gown are the same friendly people you have trusted with your dental care in the past.
• Seating in the reception area will be intentionally limited and has been arranged for your safety and so that it complies with the Government’s current social distancing guidelines.
• No cash payments will be accepted. Payment is accepted by credit card, debit card via Chip and Pin, via Apple or Android pay or ideally by contactless methods, BACS / bank transfer prior to the appointment.
• All future appointments will be made and confirmed by email or telephone to limit your time spent at reception.
Despite the additional PPE, you will still see our comforting, smiling faces.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call us on 01453 764 287.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back and looking after you.
© Copyright 2020 Confident Dental & Implant Clinic